Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Week #11: Christmas in Canberra


 This post is going to be kind of short and choppy.  I just want to get some of these photos up!

Grandma Nikki sent Cora a cute Christmas dress.  I knew that it was wrapped, but I wanted her to wear it to church, so we broke the rules and opened it early.  Shh…don’t tell…
  
Opening the present
Cora trying out her new mesh feeder thing from Grandma Nikki
Cora in her new Christmas dress.  She's only 5 1/2 months old, but this is a 12-month old dress!
Merry Christmas!  


CHRISTMAS IN CANBERRA

On Christmas Eve, I went to get a little snack before going to bed and what did I see???  Sterling had painted me a painting for Christmas!   (I think I was supposed to see it Christmas morning.  Whoops!)  Just the other day I was telling him how much I want a piece of his art.  I mean, I know he does art, but I never get to see any of it.  I want to have his art in our house.  And what does he do for Christmas?  Make me an awesome painting.  I love it.  (He had to work on it after hours at his office.  He even used White-Out and a highlighter, in addition to paint! A true labor of love!)

This is the painting Sterling did for me for Christmas.  It's a map of Canberra!  I just love it!
We live in quadrant II (for all of you geometry people out there :)  
We are low on Christmas decor here at the hotel, so he made me a stocking out of wrapping paper and cardboard!

The stocking Sterling made me!
Sterling and Cora on Christmas morning
We did Elf on the Shelf this year, as I mentioned in other posts, but here are a few other things we found our little Kensington doing this season:

Zip-lining from the window
Taking a bath
Writing with marshmallows
I'm excited for another year of Elf on the Shelf!  If you have any fun ideas for elves to do, I would love to hear them :)  

 RANDOM PHOTOS OF CORA

Eating the washcloth is her new favorite thing
I LOVE this one!  She just looks so relaxed and happy :)


Next post:  All about New Zealand!  Merry Christmas, everyone.  We love you :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Sterling's painting of Canberrra! You guys have way too much talent. Your snowflakes alone are incredible.

    ReplyDelete